Summer is almost here and you’ll want to make the best of the all the season has to offer. I’m sure you’re well past your spring cleaning and want to be proactive about getting outside and about bringing the outside in, so we’ve brought together a few suggestions that will help you to make your summer more enjoyable…whether you live in a timber frame home or not.
1) Hang a bird feeder and keep it filled. The hummingbirds are especially fun to watch.
2) Clean and repair your outdoor furniture. A little paint (maybe in a new color) and some new (or recovered) cushions will give your outdoor space a great new look.
3) Adding a clothesline will allow you to reminisce and to have the sweetest smelling linens imaginable. Not only will you save money, but you’ll enjoy the time spent hanging out the laundry.
4) Put a chair and table or a glider in your garden. Tuck it into a quiet spot and make it your quiet place. Take a book and retreat to your own spot when life is hectic.
5) Add some new lighting and sound to your outdoor space. Some soft lights and a speaker or two will make you want to stay outside longer. Look at some of the solar lighting options at your local home store.
6) Rearrange your furniture to take advantage of the views to the outside. The fireplace was a great focal point during the gray winter months, but the explosion of green and color gives you a ringside seat as nature paints the outdoors.
7) Consider adding an outdoor room. Of course, a timber frame makes a wonderful outdoor addition. That’s a shameless plug for Goshen Timber Frames , but a great way to enhance your outdoor space.
So step back and leave behind the winter. Step into summer with the intention of enjoying every day. Slow down, take a deep breath, and relax.